Outside Sales Representative
--Western & Northern Michigan--
We have an opening for an Outside Sales Representative for a territory that would be covering Western and Northern Michigan. The start date for this position is April 1, 2024.
The individual shall solicit orders
for the purchase of embalming chemicals, cremation merchandise, stationery
products, and approved merchandise manufactured and or distributed by the
Company within the assigned sales territory. The individual shall work with the
Company to pursue any marketing opportunities in the assigned territory.
- Physically visit the place of business of all assigned accounts on a regularly scheduled basis, as determined by the sales manager, for the purpose of soliciting orders.
- Be available to all assigned accounts for normal and reasonable assistance in matters which will serve to further the business of the Company.
- Electronically enter customer orders and activities into our ERP system.
- Maintain regular communication with assigned accounts and provide technical and other support.
- Represent the company at state and national conventions and meetings within the assigned territory.
- Participate in other business related functions as deemed necessary by the Company.
- Complete a daily travel schedule, expense report and other communications deemed necessary by the Company.
- Performance of other duties as requested by management.
- State License for Funeral Directing/Embalming
- State Motor Vehicle Operators License in good standing
- Residence within the geographical boundaries of the territory, Western and Northern Michigan
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new software systems
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity and working knowledge of our products
- Willingness to travel on a daily basis
- Dependability and great work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
Nice to Have
- Previous outside sales experience
- Expertise in embalming
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience with public speaking
- Additional languages
What's great in the job?
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Life, AD&D
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid vacation after 6 months
- 401(k) with company match
- Health and dependent FSA